Keeping your car carpets clean is very important so that you are always comfortable when driving it, especially during the rainy season, where your vehicle is often exposed to rainwater and affects the exterior and interior conditions. The car exterior affected by stains will look contrast because it is directly related to the outside environment. While car interiors can also get dirty instantly because of the rotation of passengers who move around from inside or outside the car, they carry stains into the car and make your car’s carpet dirty.
Although the location of the car carpet is hidden under the seats, cleanliness should be maintained so that passengers remain comfortable when using the car.
You need to know if the cleanliness of the car carpet can be one aspect of consideration in determining the price range of the car. Therefore I will give tips on how to wash your car mats to get stains out of the car floor without a machine.
Before you know about how to clean car carpets, of course, you know if the primary material of car carpets is elastic rubber, but you can also find car rugs where the sides have additional fabric trim.
Also, there are car rugs where all sides are covered with cloth and soft material.
The difference in the primary material of the car carpet will determine how to clean it. As you know, the function of a car carpet is quite important because it can absorb moist air, dust, water, raindrops, leaky air conditioners, and make the car cabin always dry.
Therefore, car carpets that continuously absorb water from various sources can make the car cabin moist and foggy and dull windshield. Consequently, you need to know about get car mats clean.
How Do You Clean Car Carpet Without A Machine?
Now you have entered the segment on how to clean car carpets. What are the consequences if you do not clean it regularly? That will cause dirt and mildew on the rug to harden and disrupt the view in the car cabin. The longer you neglect the stain, the harder it will be to clean it. I will share information on how to deep clean car carpets by yourself as follow.
- You must remove the dirty carpet from your car. Never try to clean dirty carpet directly in the vehicle because dirt stains can spread to other places, and you will find it difficult to clean it. So, remove all the carpet in both the front and rear cabins into a roomy open space.
- After that, you can flush with clean water evenly. Try to use a lot of water to remove tough stains.
- Use cleaning or car shampoo evenly on the stained carpet. You will need more cleansers for thicker stains, so make sure you have enough.
- Use a wider brush for stains that are easy to clean and use a thick and strong brush to clean up bad stains and to get mold out of car carpet.
- After brushing the carpet stains, you can flush clean water evenly on all parts, including the top and bottom sides, clean the remnants of soap and stains on the carpet carefully.
- Dry the carpet and try not to be exposed to direct sunlight to prevent basic discoloration. You can dry the rug in a windy place to dry quickly. As for the velvet carpet, you can clean it again with a damp cloth before drying it. Make sure the carpet trim is completely dry before you put it in the cabin.
- Don’t forget to clean the bottom of the cabin with a vacuum cleaner to remove stains on parts that are difficult to reach.
- You can use a carpet that is easily removed in the trunk, and this is much easier when you want to wash and clean it.
- Clean the carpet regularly, at least once a month so that the condition of the rug is maintained and you can still drive comfortably.
If you have a type of car carpet made from fabric, you should regularly clean it, so it doesn’t damage the car’s coat. Follow the steps below to clean the carpet fabric:
- Remove all carpets from the car.
- Use a soft brush to remove dust and dirt
- Use a stain remover to remove stains that are difficult to clean. Spray the stain cleaner into the dirty carpet, wait for about 5 minutes then wipe it clean.
- After the carpet is dry and clean, you can put it back on the car floor. However, first, make sure your car’s floor is free of dust and dirt.
That’s the way to remove dirt from the car carpet without a machine that you can do yourself at home. By referring to the steps above, you can ensure the condition of the car carpet is always clean and do it regularly for the best results.
Stains on car carpets can come from shoes, dog hair, spilled coffee, and food such as chewing gum. Of course, you will not be comfortable if the conditions are dirty. You only need clean water, detergent soap, car shampoo, damp cloth, and a bucket if you don’t have a hose.
Easy enough to do it, right? Make sure there are no more carpet stains that interfere with driving comfort because you already know tips on how to clean car carpets.
I try to make the most straightforward way so that you can easily do it with effective results. Thus information about tips and how to clean car carpets that are simple and easy to do.